HOW CRAB LANE COMMUNITY
PRIMARY SCHOOL PROMOTES
• We encourage our pupils to become involved in decision-making processes and ensure that they are listened to in school via School Council and Pupil Voice.
• We encourage and support pupils to express their views in all areas of school life.
• Through our behaviour policy we model how perceived injustice can be peacefully challenged.
• We elect representatives to a number of councils and committees.
Rule of Law
• We ensure school rules and expectations are clear and fair.
• We help pupils to distinguish right from wrong.
• We include visits from the police in the curriculum.
• We resolve conflicts in a solution focussed way.
• We support pupils to develop their self-knowledge, self-esteem and self-confidence.
• We encourage pupils to take responsibility for their behaviour, as well as knowing their rights.
• We actively challenge stereotypes, including through planned curriculum activities.
• We implement a strong anti-bullying culture.
Respect & tolerance
• We discuss differences between people, such as differences of faith, ethnicity, disability etc.
• We help pupils to acquire an understanding of, and respect for, their own and other cultures and ways of life.
• We challenge prejudicial or discriminatory behaviour.
• We promote respect for individual differences.
• We have close links with the local church.
• We promote respect for diversity and equality.