2020 - 2021
Welcome to the Learning Village.
Recently, we received this certificate and feel so proud of the EAL children who used The Learning Village programme throughout February.
We have 18 students on this learning platform and they managed to work themselves up into the top 20 schools worldwide. Amazing result!
What is the Learning Village?
The Learning Village is an image-based English as an Additional Language (EAL) programme for pupils in English-medium schools.
It follows a blended approach, with a comprehensive online programme supported by offline, teacher-directed learning.
Beginning with everyday survival language and phonics, it leads onto specific curriculum content.
Learning Village includes:
- 10,000+ words and phrases, for speaking, listening, reading and writing
- Image-based learning, to assist learners who are unable to read in their mother tongue
- Excellent support for Special Educational Needs learners
- Techniques to help learners support themselves
- Support for blended learning and for self-study
The Learning Village is fun! It's a vibrant, interactive world where learners visit places, play games and make virtual friends - while learning English.
There will be an Annual competition between 1st of December- 1st of January that I would like learners to take part.
Annual 2020 Competition - 1st Dec 2020 to 1st Jan 2021
WIN PRIZES AND TROPHIES FOR:
- Learner that makes the most progress
- Learner that scores the most points
- School that makes the most progress
- School that scores the most points
It's Competition Time!!!
1. The winter Mini Saga:
2. The premier league writing stars:
3. National book token competitions: